To teach traditional Buddhist discipline, providing an experience of the monastic community’s lifestyle of cultivation.
To clarify unsettled thought processes, so one may discover the bright skillfulness of the inner self.
To blend Buddhist teachings with daily life, enabling youth to give rise to proper faith.
To nurture the adoption of a code of ethics, treating oneself and others with compassion and understanding.
Date: July 11 ~ July 15 (5 days total)
Check-in WED 12:00pm Check-out SUN 4:00pm
Location: Fo Guang Shan Hsi Lai Temple, Harmony Hall
1. Males with a willingness to learn and an appreciation of Buddhism, in good physical and mental shape.
2. Between 4th to 8th grade (Ages 10 to 14)
3. Capacity: 40 participants
To Apply: Please fill-out Online Application Form here.
Other required documents:
1. Guardian Waiver and Release of Liability Form,
2. Body Measurement Form,
3. Autobiography of 200+ words,
4. Recent 2” Photo,
5. Copy of valid Medical Insurance Card (both sides)
E-mail or mail-in ALL above required documents.
Deadline: June 20, 2018
1. Teaching materials: $120 (check payable to: I.B.P.S.)
2. Cultivation uniform, food, lodging: $200 (provided by the temple)
Interview: Saturday, June 16 or Sunday, June 24
*The interviewee must be accompanied by his guardian.
*For applicants outside of the Greater Los Angeles area, please contact your local FGS branch temple to arrange for an interview.
Contact: Addr: 3456 Glenmark Drive, Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
Attn: Youth Monastic Retreat
Tel: (626) 961-9697 ext. 131 Fax: (626) 369-1944
Web: www.hsilai.org E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org